After thinking about their wishes for an end-of-life experience, many family members often express some of the same desires:
- Don’t want to be in physical or emotional pain
- Want be in the comfort of their homes
- Don’t want to be alone
- Want someone who will listen to them
- Want to be told the truth about their condition and what to expect
- Don’t want to be a “burden” to their family, especially those taking care of them
- Want to be treated with dignity
While they may not realize it when expressing these wishes, family members are actually describing perfectly the advantages that hospice care can provide.
Community Hospice of Texas has been faithfully providing this type of care to families in the Dallas/Fort Worth area for more than 15 years. Our experienced team offers expert medical care and comfort to patients, insightful instruction to caregivers plus emotional and spiritual support for the entire family.
What’s more, the range of outstanding services from Community Hospice of Texas is typically covered in full by Medicare, Medicaid or private insurance. As a mission-driven, nonprofit organization, we serve all, regardless of ability to pay – made possible through generous donations from our community.